The Maxon Intelimax modem has the unique in-built feature of being able to change between modes and configure settings remotely over a CSD call. This is especially useful if you have a modem in the field that you need to remotely configure using remote AT commands or the Intelimax GUI but are currently using CSD to talk to this modem. Using these commands lets you change to an IP connection for easy access to the device over an IP connection. This feature is available from firmware versions 0.1.67 onwards.
It is very important to ensure that you can access your modem once this is done which means either using a static IP address (private IP WAN or similar) or a public dynamic IP address such as telstra.extranet the WAN IP of which can be found via SMS.
Dial out to the modem via a command line terminal session to your data modem using the data number of the SIM card in the Intelimax. The sting will be as follows: ATDT0400123456. Once the ‘CONNECT’ message has been displayed you are connected.
Intelimax Remote Configuration Commands
The following commands can be used to change the settings of the Intelimax:
- Unlock the CSD programming interface: program.maxon.unlock=admin:admin
- admin:admin are the default username and password, if you have changed these update this command with the appropriate values in the order username:password.
- Update the cellular APN: program.maxon.apn=telstra.extranet
- Update the CPN username, password and authentication: program.maxon.auth=userid:password:chap/pap/none
- Change the mode of the modem: program.maxon.mode=1
1- IP Stack Auto mode –auto connect IP
2- IP Stack Manual mode –manual connect IP
3- Serial modem mode –for CSD or when end device controls connection
Apply all the settings and reboot: program.maxon.lock
Once the commands have been received by the modem it will display ‘Modem will reboot now’ and the call will be dropped as the modem reboots:
Once the modem reboots (approximately 2 minutes) if a public dynamic IP address has been used it can be found using the following SMS to the phone number (not data number) of the SIM in the modem: