Maxon is currently seeking an Embedded Development Engineer
Maxon Australia has a strong reputation for developing high end industrial-grade technology including intelligent industrial modems/routers together with cloud based management solutions to the Machine-2-Machine sector. Our client list spans a variety of verticals including; agriculture, mining, transport, security, signage, gas, water and electricity industries.
We are seeking an Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer with an outstanding ability for systems development to deliver and integrate firmware and hardware products. You will play a crucial role in finding innovative solutions to technical problems.
The ideal candidate will display a keen interest in related technology and its future direction. Your successful application and knowledge of software architecture, interfaces, industrial protocols and systems engineering will give you the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Maxon’s reputation for reliable, high quality product.
Key requirements and responsibilities include:
- More than 7 years’ experience in embedded software engineering
- Demonstrable fault finding skills supported by a strong ability to design and implement solutions
- Effective personal time management skills – on spec, on time and on budget
- Proven ability to write product scopes, specifications and reports for a diverse audience including staff, clients, end users and management
- Demonstrable experience in product development working with Linux, C, Python, Java and C#
- Experience with networking protocols and ideally specific industrial protocols such as Modbus
- Knowledge of wireless communications including 3G/4G is highly desirable
The following qualifications would be advantageous:
- Tertiary qualifications in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Minimum 7 years in management role and Product Development
- Experience in SCADA or Telemetry will be advantageous
- Understanding of Cloud based technology
- Excellent technical communication skills - written and verbal
We are looking for candidates that have that natural drive and rise to challenges whilst also including those around you on that same journey. Your passion for technology and more specifically Machine 2 Machine communications will hold you in good stead to help take the company to the next level.
Please note - Due to the overwhelming response levels to advertised roles, candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within two weeks of us receiving your application. Good luck!